Stephen Semprevivo | NEW Women’s Business Center Startup Scholarships
Startup Scholarship Application is Now Open.
2021 Application Deadline is: May 15, 2021
2021 Awards Will Be Granted: June 1, 2021
Note: Applicants must be enrolled in programs at one of the following accredited institutions: UCLA, Pepperdine University, Los Angeles Trade Tech Community College, LA Mission College or the University of La Verne. IF YOU ARE NOT ENROLLED IN ONE OF THESE SCHOOLS go to the Stephen Semprevivo Startup Scholarship.
Do you have an idea for a business? Are you thinking through a few ideas and want to test some things out before you dive in? Are you studying business with the goal of starting your own business someday?
The life of an entrepreneur is both exciting and challenging. Whether you are starting a local restaurant or the next big tech idea, every day can bring new opportunities, but it is not easy by any means. It requires focus and perseverance to be successful. You need to live, eat and breath your business. Is the life of an entrepreneur for you?
One of Stephen’s favorite mantras is, The best time to start a business is NOW! To that end, he wants to help you get started and reward your ideas and accomplishments! Stephen Semprevivo and NEW Woman’s Business Center are now accepting applications for his startup scholarships.
The Stephen Semprevivo | NEW Women’s Business Center Startup Scholarship is an achievement-based scholarship awarded to students interested in starting their own business. Students are recognized for their ideas and capacities, as well as for their commitment to being an entrepreneur. The Scholarship will select 2 student entrepreneurs to receive $2,500. Winners will also receive 20 hours of assistance on their business plan or strategy, and two startup books from Stephen Semprevivo’s list of favorites and business templates from NEW Woman’s Business Center.
In order to participate in the scholarship contest, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Entrants must be legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, and who are sixteen (16) years of age or older at the time of application
- Applicants must be enrolled in programs at one of the following accredited institutions: UCLA, Pepperdine University, Los Angeles Trade Tech Community College, LA Community College, LA Mission College, University of La Verne ,USC, University, UC Riverside, UCLA, UC Irvine, Cal Lutheran, Loyola Marymount University, Arts Center Pasadena, Cal State Santa Barbara, UC San Diego.
- Applicants must be interested in an entrepreneurial career.
- Current employees, officers, directors and agents of Sponsor and its related companies and members of their immediate families (defined as spouse, parents, siblings and children) and persons residing at the same address are not eligible to win. Void where prohibited.
- The Scholarship Prize will not exceed the cost of the annual tuition. The Scholarship Prize will be in the form of an ACH payment made payable directly to the accredited post-secondary institution of higher education attended by the Scholarship Prize Recipient.